“Take the road less traveled. But first, get some new shoes!”
Every person wants to own a closet full of shoes. All kinds of branded, fancy, formal, casual, stylish, latest, and trending shoes.
But it is not an easy job to own a pair of shoes because as much as you like them, you have to take care of them equally.
And sometimes, the shoes are so expensive and exclusive that you are left with no other option but to take the best care of them, right?
And then you start looking for suggestions and advice on how to take care of your shoes? Like having some easy trick that you can perform at home to remove creases from your shoes.
Because weather old or new, everyone loves their pair of shoes and everyone wants to take care of them.
While we cannot take care of your beloved pair of footwear on your behalf, what we can do is give you detailed information on how you can do it yourself effortlessly.
So, if you want to keep your shoes brand new, read below to know how to get creases out of shoes? But before that, have a quick look at your table of contents to get a clear idea about this discussion.
|How to prevent and fix creasing in shoes?|
|What does it mean when your shoe crease?|
|Shoe related facts|
|How to get creases out of Jordans?|
|How do I stop my shoes from creasing when I walk?|
|Can you get rid of creases on Air Force 1?|
Now, let’s begin taking care of your shoe’s good looks!
That Shining Shoe
“It’s ok to be a little obsessed with shoes.”
So, while we are here to know how to keep your shoes in perfect shape and save them from getting creases, you should know that you cannot completely stop the creasing.
While you can easily slow down the creasing process and make the creases less visible with proper care, but completely vanishing them is not quite possible and you will understand why once we dive into the details.
So, let us quickly un-crease your shoes for you.
How to prevent creasing in shoes?
Let’s understand all the reasons that cause a crease in your shoes and their solutions, one by one.
- The very first thing to know here is that if there’s a gap in between your toes and shoes, the chances of shoe leather getting fold and creased will be a lot higher.
And so, to prevent this from happening, you have to make sure you buy the right size of your shoe.
But don’t end up buying too-tight shoes that might cause discomfort to your feet. The right size that fits well from everywhere is the solution.
- Sometimes, even after buying the right size, our shoes tend to get a fold and get creases on them.
Now how to deal with this situation?
Just apply some water repellent on your shoes before wearing them for the first time. It will help in controlling moisture and temperature in your shoes that will further prevent them from creasing.
Also, you have to remember two things here, first: you might have to apply a water repellent to your shoes every year until you discard them, and second that water repellent will not make your shoes waterproof at all.
- Another thing that causes crease in your shoes is if you wear your new shoes while your feet are wet.
Don’t make that mistake. Always wear your new shoes with completely dry feet for the first few times.
It will keep your shoes’ leather from breaking too quickly.
Also, it will prevent them from getting discolored.
- We know crease in shoes doesn’t appear in the front only, the crease can appear anywhere including the back.
and to prevent the back of your shoes from having crease, you must buy a shoehorn that will help you in wearing your shoes effortlessly and won’t let the weight of your heels destroy its back with the crease.
- Another effective way of eliminating the risk of the crease from your shoes is by stuffing them with your socks.
Doing will overnight will help your shoes leather in holding its shape.
Consider doing it especially when you are traveling and your shoes are pack inside your luggage as in this condition, they tend to lose their shapes the most.
- Try giving some rest to your shoes. Don’t wear them too often or daily if you want them to stay in their best shape and condition.
Let them dry all the moisture it has got in it, and take some rest on every alternate day so that they don’t get out of shape too early.
- Using a leather conditioner every 3 to 6 months will keep your shoe’s leather intact and will help it from losing its quality.
These conditioners also help in making your shoes soft enough that they will be bent easily when you wear them or walk in them while keeping them intact enough to prevent all kinds of creases.
Here are a few steps that will help you in getting this job done.
- Buy a leather oil/conditioner from your local market or a leather shop near you.
- Apply the oil on all the crease present in your shoes. It will make these creases moist and supple.
- Now take a blow dryer or heat gun to soak help the oil get soaked. Remember not to keep the gun in one place for more than 2-3 seconds. Keep rotating it.
- Now, use a clean cloth and lightly massage the oil present on your shoes. Do this until all the creases are completely gone with the mixture of oil and heat. If a crease is acting too tough, use your hands to smooth it until it gets fade away.
- Now, leave the shoe alone for some time and let it absorb the process and get completely dry.
So, these were some easy jobs that you can do to repair your damaged shoes or prevent them from getting crease.
There’s a lot more than you have to learn. See below so that you don’t miss an ounce of this useful information.
Un-creasing the Creases
“I just rescued a pair of shoes. They were trapped in a store.”
After having some fully detailed DIY tricks on how to fix creases in shoes, we need to have to understand what does it mean when your shoe crease?
So, if you are someone who has no idea what is a crease in a shoe or how does it get there, then brace yourself because this divine light full of shoe-friendly information is about to bestow upon you.
Creasing just happens and your shoes mostly get affected by the tension that your feet put on them. But is it normal for shoes to crease? Or are we doing something wrong from our end?
While it may not look good or bother you too much, but creases in leather shoes or any other material of shoes are normal to some extent and you aren’t doing anything wrong that caused the creasing. Also, over time, the creasing will get worse but that is pretty normal too.
Shoe crease to allow your feet to flex. They are designed to bend in the process of walking with ease. And if you want to walk freely without anything bothering you in your feet, the upper material of the shoe is made to compress and allow this bending. Hence, creasing occurs when the shoe is straightened as the upper materials of it are elastic enough to return to shape.
Also, you must know that if you have bought the right size of the shoe and your feet are comfortable in there, a shoe that perfectly fits should only crease on top of the vamp and over the widest part of the foot where the shoe bends.
If your shoe is creasing from anywhere else, then you have bought the wrong size of the shoe which is why your feet are also not comfortable enough and hence forcing your shoe to crease.
What are the factors responsible for creasing?
Here are all the points discussed thoroughly on how and why your shoes get crease upon them.
We discussed how bad fitting shoes lead to bad creasing but that doesn’t mean a perfect fit would lead to no creasing at all.
If there is more than the required space in your shoes, the leather will get more room to crease when you flex your feet hence making the creasing more prominent.
Most of the time, people assume that the creasing of the shoe depends upon the quality of the leather but that is not the case at all.
Creasing does not depend upon the quality of the shoes. Even the most expensive, highest quality and a shoe of a reputed brand can crease very prominently while a cheaper, lower end, or local leather shoe might not. And these factors do not make their leather any less or more superior.
If we talk about a shoe’s design, they do play a significant role in the creasing like plain-toe shoes or whole-cut shoes would crease as they have fewer pieces of leather that make up the shoe that means all movement made by your feet will affect the shoe’s shape directly.
On the other hand, full or semi cap-toe brogues would have the least creasing.
The full/semi brogues, which consist of 4 or 5 pieces depending on brand and model, and size they spread the tension between the different leather pieces that results in a lot less creasing.
All this has got to do with the way these shoes are cut, designed, and made yet these factors don’t mean that the whole-cut is an inferior pattern and others are superior.
Done with things you can do at home to lessen the creasing on your shoes, how shoes get a crease, and the reason behind these creases.
Now it’s time to look at some amazing shoe-related facts before discussing any more important detail with you.
So, take a deep breath and read below some new and mind-blowing facts about the shoes you wear daily.
Fun Fact Factory
“Good shoes take you to good places.”
So, it’s time to have a look at some amazing and jaw-dropping facts related to the shoes you wear. Are you ready to get surprised?
Okay then, brace yourself as your facts are mentioned just below.
- Barley corns were used as the measurement of shoes during the Roman civilization. Although, it was also said that this technique did not belong to the Romans but the Britishers and they were the ones who not only validated but invent this method of measurement.
Shoe masters in those times used grain to measure the foot when making sandals. During those times, the length of 3 grains was considered equal to one inch. This is how the grain measurement system was used to measure shoe sizes and started to spread throughout the world.
It is still considered an official measurement unit in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Men were the ones who started the fashion of high heels and not the women.
Over the years, they become a style quotient for women while initially they were made and designed for men and Knights were the first ones to wear high heels to securely keep their feet in the saddle and show their supremacy.
And since horses were a symbol of wealth, this made high heels quickly became a high social status symbol rather than a symbol of gender.
The height of heels during those times was as high as 30 cm and even today, in the larger part of Europe, fashion historians refer to men’s high heels as French shoes.
Over the years, high heels were also used by lower cast men who were garbage collectors and drainage cleaners to prevent their feet from getting dirty.
- The Chinese rule the market of shoemaking as every 6 out of 10 shoes are made in china.
- The first boots ever made in history for a woman were made for Queen Victoria in 1840.
So, how many of them sound familiar? Did you know about any of these facts? We are quite sure you don’t.
And while we have so many more facts to tell you about shoes, we must not divert our focus from our main topic of removing crease for your precious shoes.
So, let’s get back to some important details.
Shoe Shaping Sector
“If God sends us on strong paths, we are provided with strong shoes.”
You must be wondering that to stop shoes from creasing, you have to stop walking, right? Questions like how do I stop my shoes from creasing when I walk must be doing rounds in your head now.
And while you cannot stop walking or wearing your favorite shoes, you can do something before wearing them and after removing them that will keep your shoes out of creases.
Here’s what we have for you.
- Take out your shoes and remove the shoelaces from them.
- Then completely fill-up your shoes with old socks or paper.
- Now take a clean damp cloth and cover the crease area with it completely.
- Now use a steamer on it to lighten all the creases.
- Repeat with all the creased areas on both shoes.
- Rubbing alcohol
- Make a mixture of distilled water and rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture on shoes and then massage gently on the creased area.
- It will relax the leather, reshape your shoes and lighten the creases.
- Repeat with the other shoe and see results.
- Clean and polish
- Another effective way is cleaning your shoes regularly and polishing them.
- Polish will hide the creases effortlessly and you will be able to wear your shoes confidently.
- Also, cleaning will keep them new, order-free, and in their best shape and color.
You are now equipped with a lot of useful methods that will help you regain the best of your shoes. And now, it’s time to take care of some special shoes.
Follow us to know more.
The Special Section
“Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.”
So, do you have any idea what are these special shoes were are going to talk about?
As you know, not all shoes are the same. Every shoe requires different care and different material to be cleansed.
This is because every shoe is made with different material. As you know, not all shoes are leather-made shoes.
And sometimes, the care depends upon the way you wear your shoes as well. if you wear them too regularly, you will have to be more careful but if you wear a set of shoes once in a while, they might not need a lot of attention.
And as we were talking about special shoes, let’s talk about the most popular and the most lovable shoes called jordans.
Do you know how to get creases out of jordans? No? would you like you know how to do this job?
Because we have something for you. have a look.
Here are the steps you have to follow to get this job done.
- Take out your shoes, some packing paper, a water bottle, an iron and s piece of cloth and put everything on a table.
- Now roll the packing paper and put them inside your shoes in such a way that they support your shoes from their base.
- Now remove the laces from your shoes and put the shoes on the table.
- Take the water bottle and fill up your iron with water. Don’t forget to turn on the switch so that the iron can heat up.
- Before moving further, don’t forget to protect your jordans with the help of a damp cloth. Cover them where the creases are and then move ahead with the next step.
- Now start ironing and steaming your shoes where the creases are beneath the cloth.
- After you are done, let the shoes dry so keep them aside.
- And you are done and dusted.
This reminds us about the most asked question that is ‘Can you get rid of creases on Air Force 1?’
Let’s see if we have something to help you in this case as well?
Well, you will be surprised to know that the above-mentioned method to get creases out of jordans will help you in almost every kind of shoe including Air Force 1?
All you have to keep in mind is to regulate the level of heat. Don’t use too much heat and don’t be too harsh upon the creases.
Be gentle or you might end up damaging your shoes. Always check for some safe ways before performing heat experiments on your shoes and remember to use a damp cloth the minimize the bad effect of heat on your shoes in case the iron/steamer is too hot.
Some general shoe care tips:
- Don’t let your shoes get wet when they are brand new. Always keep them dry and away from water.
- To keep the leather in its best condition, moisturize your shoes regularly with leather oil.
- As much as you can, avoid getting your shoes soaked. Clean them with a shoe cleaner or a damp cloth but don’t soak them as they will leave their shape.
- Use water repellents and wear your new shoes alternatively. This will increase their shelf life and keep them as good as new shoes.
No one likes creases and lines on their shoes. Not only do they look unpresentable but they also give an idea of carelessness.
Sometimes, even our brand-new shoes start looking old because of the increasing number of creases on them.
And while we cannot stop them permanently, we can treat them, reduce them and stop them from appearing with their full force.
Just look at the bright side, take the right guidance and follow the proper steps and you shall end up making your shoes look better than what you expected.